The Republic of Maldives is a series of islands that is located approximately 470 miles southwest of Sri Lanka. It sits in the Laccadive Sea and is a paradise for visitors from all over the world. The chain of islands has a variety of family holiday destinations to choose from, but there are five that stand out from the rest. When you are planning your next family vacation to an island getaway, consider one of these resorts of the Maldive Islands.
1. Soneva Fushi Located on the private Maldive island of Kunfunadhoo, the Soneva Fushi resort has everything a family would need to find paradise. One of the unique features of Soneva Fushi that the kids will enjoy is its outdoor cinema where the whole family can watch movies under the stars and clear skies of the Maldives.
Each family that stays at Soneva Fushi has private access to the miles of beaches that surround the island. Your adventure at this exclusive resort starts with a 30-minute seaplane ride in from the Maldives airport. From there, you are taken to your exclusive villa where your ideal holiday awaits.
2. One and Only Reethi Rah The One and Only Reethi Rah Resort offers your family the option of having a beachfront villa, or having your villa sit in the warm ocean, just off the beach. There are 130 private villas in all at Reethi Rah, and they all offer a spectacular view of the ocean and island landscape.
Your family can choose to swim in the warm ocean waters, or you can get a villa that has its own private pool. There are a lot of options with Reethi Rah, and they all work together to give your family the best holiday possible.
3. Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa The calling card for the Hideaway Beach Resort and Spa is a private and relaxing holiday for the entire family. The Hideaway is located on an island in the Northern Maldives and gives each guest their own private access to the many beaches surrounding the resort.
Along with privacy, the Hideaway also offers the ultimate in relaxation. Whether you want to lounge around on the beach or enjoy the view of the ocean from your villa pool, the Hideaway has you covered.
4. Angsana Velavaru Resort The Angsana Velavaru Resort is not shy about making the most of the fact that its located right on the shores of an exclusive lagoon. The Angsana Velavaru offers the a real tropical island paradise and a holiday experience that you and your family will never forget.
The Angsana Velavaru Resort is the only structure on the South Nilandhe Atoll, which insures your complete privacy. The service is excellent and the tropical island experience is unlike anything you will find anywhere else.
5. Lily Beach Resort and Spa In the South East Ari Atoll of the Maldives Islands, you will find an exclusive resort known as the Lily Beach Resort and Spa. This unique resort has most of its villas located out in the water, as opposed to on dry land. When you see the Lily Beach Resort and Spa as you approach it from the sky, you will instantly see why it is so popular with guests from around the world.
The Lily Beach Resort and Spa goes out of its way to offer the very best in dining and entertainment accommodations. There is always plenty to do at Lily Beach or, if you prefer, there is nothing to do at all.
Looking to travel to the Maldives, but not sure where to start? Get in touch with Alpha Maldives, the leading luxury tour operator in the Maldives who are experts on the Maldives and can help create your dream holiday!